Move your whole body in tune to exotic music and feel the beauty that shines from within while releasing stress!
Belly dance is famous as a folk dance performed by women throughout the Arabian world in such countries as Egypt and Turkey. This dance, expressing the woman's curvaceous beauty to the maximum, is characterized by body movements involving the waist, belly and chest. Belly dance is also derived from its characteristic belly movement. In addition to these torso movements, soft movements of hands and arms are also added, enhancing further the attractiveness of women.
Tiempo’s lessons are taught by experts who are active overseas. Interacting with instructors who express themselves through dance across borders will not only provide dance techniques, but also a rich sense of sensitivity. This kind of lesson can only be experienced at Tiempo, a place where you can promote your own growth and achieve true communication through intercultural exchange. From beginners to advanced students, we will continue to increasingly provide contents suitable to every individual level.
You can learn from the basics to advanced techniques!
We have 4 levels now. At each level, you will learn various rhythms, techniques and choreographies.
Special benefits if you take group lessons!
1. Member discounts available for various events.
2. Sancho Panza dinner meal fee is 5% off by showing your membership card!
3. Technique classes aimed to group lessons’ students for free are held monthly.
In addition to techniques that allow you to review the basics, there are lessons that incorporate Latin dance, tango, and flamenco, fostering increased cultural interaction.
1 class: 70 minutes per class
* Minimum number of 4 people are needed to open a course.
* Make-up classes available.
How to register:
You can register for the class that suits your own pace.
If you cannot take the course at the designated times due to your job, please consult the head office.
We also offer a 2-month trial course for people with little experience. If you are not sure aboutregistering for a regular class, we recommend that you try this trial course.
60 minutes per class / once a week / 8 weeks (2 months)
It is an ideal option compared to a regular class. We recommend that you register for this course if you want to try out the basics before taking a regular class!
The class schedule options are as follows:
- Monday 20:00 - 21:00
- Thursday 15:00 - 16:00
- Saturday 12:20 - 13:20
Lesson fee: 11,900 yen (8 classes)
* We will offer this course when a minimum of 4 people or more register.
* Annual membership fee of 3,000 yen is NOT required for this course, but if you start a regular introductory group class after this course, this payment will be required.
* Even if this course has started, you may still be able to join with a per diem charge, so please contact us.
Benefits for 2-month trial course students:
Free admission for Bellydance Party "ARABIAN NIGHT"
* Please show your membership card or student card at the entrance.
Point to consider when taking this course:
1. Inform us which course and when you would like to take it.
2. As soon as 4 people or more register, we will inform you about the starting date.
3. Pay the registration fee at the reception on the starting day.
* You are required to pay the total amount of this course.
* If you miss one class, you cannot take a make-up class because this is not a regular class.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Special benefits for students:
A special benefit for regular dance students is that they can participate in free classes held monthly.
Students can participate in free classes of the course they are currently taking regardless the dance genre. In addition, students from other lessons can also take this course if they pay the tuition fee (1,500 yen).
Free lessons for April:
For arabian dance students:
• Sunday, Abril 19th, 2020 14:50-15:50: “Step of Haggala” (Instructor: Mashael)
• Thursday, April 30th, 2020 14:00-16:00: “Taksim” (Instructor: Mashael)
Tuition fee for arabian dance students is free!
The fee for non-students is1,500 yen (tax included).
For all dance class students:
• April 3rd, 2020 Theme: “Exercises for dancers” (Instructor: Mashael)
• April 6th, 2020 Theme: Salsaton (Latin Dance) (Instructor: Balodia)
• April 18th, 2020 Theme: “Basics of guitar” (Instructor: Conrado)
Students currently taking the tango course as well as students from other Tiempo dance classes will pay a tuition fee of 1,500 yen (tax included).
Non-dance course students will pay a fee of 2,000 yen (tax included).
* Course registration is by reservation (There is a fixed number for every lesson, so we recommend that you secure your spot early!)
Complete private lessons between the student and the instructor.
Time and contents of the lesson can be decided by a meeting between the student and the instructor. Thus, it is ideal for those who cannot register for the course on a fixed day and those who want to take lessons with a specific purpose. Additionally, these private lessons are also used to reinforce group lessons.
Private one-on-one class
- 60 minutes per class
- We coordinate a private class with your instructor.
Intensive lessons are held every month based on various themes. Arabian dance is performed all over the Arabian region, so there is a variety of types, such as "Gypsy Dance", which is danced wearing a large skirt. "Shaabi" uses pop music in the image of a downtown woman. And there is "Saidi" which freely controls a walking stick during the dance. At the workshops, these dances with various styles and music are performed with different themes monthly.
If you already have experience in the theme of a workshop, you can register for the class without taking a regular class or being a member of TIEMPO.
Arabian Dance Show "One Thousand and One Nights"
This dance show is an event produced by the Arabian dance instructor in which students present created choreographies on stage based on different themes. This event allows them to show on a stage the results of their lessons and to build together a performance. This gives participants a sense of fulfillment after completing their performance, turning it into a valuable experience. For this reason, we have many students that participate every time.
The instructors or staff update upcoming events and details of each course on our Facebook page.
Anyone who is interested, press a button of “friend request” and share our news on Facebook.
All of the courses consist of blocks with four classes in each block. There is a total of 12 blocks per year, making 48 classes. ( The schedule would be changed.) Lesson Plan 2020
Notes: In response to the government's declaration of an emergency, all of the courses offered in the April block will be switched to online lessons. (Online lessons schedule )
|Mon||Group lesson||Level 1||15:10 - 16:20|
|Group lesson||Level 2||18:45 - 19:55|
|Tue||Group lesson||Level 1||13:40 - 14:50|
|Group lesson||Level 2||15:10 - 16:20|
|Group lesson||Level 4||21:15 - 22:25|
|Group lesson||Level 1||19:00 - 20:10|
|Thu||2-month trial course||Beginner||15:00 - 16:00|
|2-month trial course||Beginner||18:30 - 19:30|
|Group lesson||Level 2||19:45 - 20:55|
|Fri||Group lesson||Level 3||13:10 - 14:20|
|Sat||2-month trial course||Beginner||12:20 - 13:20|
|Group lesson||Level 2||14:50 - 16:00|
|Sun||Group lesson||Level 3||12:10 - 13:20|
|Group lesson||Level 1||13:30 - 14:40|
• To discuss the details and about dates and times for a one-on-one class please contact us.
Saidi Instructor: Mashael
Thursday, April 9th, 16th and 23rd. 13:30 - 14:50
[ Level ] All level
Kawleeya Instructor: Mashael
Saturday, April 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. 16:10 - 17:10
[ Level ] Level 2 or higher
Remix Song Instructor: Mashael
Monday, April 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. 20:00 - 21:00
[ Level ] All level
1 WS: Arabian dance student 8,500 yen / T.I. Member 9,500 yen / Non-member 10,500 yen
* Reservation required by the day before the workshop starts.
* Minimum number of participants: 4 students.
Tiempo maintains a well-established system of inviting instructors and typically offer 3- or 6-month exchanges with dance professionals from Spain and Latin America, often hosting teachers from Brazil, Argentina and Cuba. In this way, and through the exciting world of dance and its varied forms or expression, the center continues to offer variety and diversity to its membership, build new relationships and strengthen older ones.
Currently visiting instructor
Mashael (Daiana Balbuena)
Aiming to become a professional dancer since 2000, she took lessons under various famous artists such as Amir Thaleb, Maiada, Veronica Rabuffetti, and Osvaldo Brandan. In 2003, she enrolled in the dance academy led by the charismatic dancer Saida. In a blink of an eye, her talents flourished, and she became a recognized dancer in the Arabian dance world. In 2006, she was invited to perform at the famous theme park Tierra Santa with the Mario Killris’ orchestra. The following year, under Saida’s recommendation, Mashael was selected as a member of the Rakkasah ballet corps. At the end of the same year (2007), she obtained the title of Arabian Dance Instructor. Two years later, she and her sister established the dance school “Atira y Mashael” . And to date, they have been focusing on training Arabian dance dancers and instructors. Mashael has been active at major theaters in Buenos Aires, including the Luna Park Stadium, TV programs, Cultural Center, Opera City, ND Ateneo, Astral, Porteño, Collet, IFT, Empire and on other stages.
Regular Group lessons (4 classes/month, 70 min/1class, tax included)
|Basic||Daytime discount||Students (under 25)||Senior|
|Monthly tuition fee||8,500 yen||6,860 yen||4,250 yen||6,800 yen|
• Daytime discount: 4 or more group lessons to be completed anytime between Monday to Friday up until 6:30 pm. We can accept a make-up class within this timeframe.
• All of the courses consist of blocks with four classes in each block. There is a total of 12 blocks per year, making 48 classes.
• To attend regular classes, you have to register as a member of Tiempo. (Annual membership fee: 3,000 yen)
• Monthly tuition fee payments must be by automatic bank withdrawal (Fukuoka Bank). Withdrawal fee commission: 140 yen every month.
Semi-private class (60 min/1class, tax included)
|Arabian dance student||T.I. member||Non-member|
|1 class||4,400 yen||5,400 yen||6,400 yen|
• Please pay in cash at reception desk before starting the lesson.
Private class (60 min/1class, tax included)
|Arabian dance student||T.I. member||Non-member|
|1 class||6,400 yen||7,400 yen||8,400 yen|
• Please pay in cash at reception desk before starting the lesson.
50% off for students up to 25 years old for all courses.
• Latin dance / Arabian dance: 8,500 yen 4,250 yen
• Tango / Flamenco: 12,600 yen 6,300 yen
Applied to 65 years old or older members.
In addition, if you attend a class that ends by 18:30 on weekdays (Monday to Friday), you will receive a 35% discount together with a daytime discount and the senior discount.
• Latin dance / Arabian dance: 8,500 yen 6,080 yen
• Tango / Flamenco: 12,600 yen 8,640 yen
The second course fee will receive a maximum discount of 51%.
DUO 1 Language Course + Dance Course
(22% discount from the total tuition fee)
Communication is important.
If you know a language, you will enjoy dance lessons even more.
For example, if you are a flamenco student and you are attending a Spanish language lesson, the cost is the following:
Flamenco 12,600 yen + Spanish 9,500 yen
Total 22,100 yen
However, with the Duo Discount of 22%, the cost will be 17,240 yen
In other words, the second course (Spanish) will be about half the price (4,640 yen)!!
DUO 2 Dance Course + Dance Course
(20% discount from the total tuition fee)
Latin dance, Tango, flamenco and or Arabian dance.
For students that want to take many courses, we recommend this discount!
For example, if a tango student attends Latin dance classes the cost will be as the following:
Tango 12,600 yen + Latin dance 8,500 yen
Total: 21,100 yen with 20% discount, the cost will be 16,880 yen
In other words, the second course (Latin dance lesson) will be about half the price (4,280 yen)!!
If you take two classes in each course, you will receive the discount.
7% discount on total family tuition.
The first family member (all courses) + second family member (all courses) + 3rd...
A 7% discount on the total tuition fee for all students, such as couples, parents or family members.
* The tuition fee will be withdrawn, however, from a common bank account.
* This discount can also be used in with other kinds of Tiempo discounts. (Ex. Student and senior discount.)
For example: Spanish + Tango + Latin Dance
In this case, the third Latin dance tuition will receive a 90% discount!!
Spanish 9,500 yen + Tango 12,600 yen + Latin Dance: 8,500 yen
Total Tuition: 30,600 yen
However, with the 25% discount, the cost will be: 22,950 yen
In other words, the Latin dance tuition fee will be from 8,500 to 880 yen!!
We will provide a 3,000-yen coupon for members who introduced Tiempo to their friends!
Please introduce us to your friends! If your friends start any group lesson at Tiempo, you will receive a 3,000-yen coupon that can be used for workshops.
* Current Tiempo’s member
* Coupons cannot be used to pay group lessons fees.
If you are interested in receiving information from Tiempo, please subscribe and select from our list of subscription topics.
Please contact us about the date and time you would like take a trial lesson.
Also advise your name and the kind of lesson/s you wish to try.
(NPO Tiempo Iberoamericano)
3F Daimyo11511 Bldg., 1-15-11 Daimyo,
Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0041
Weekday: 12:00 - 22:00
Sat., Sun. and Natinal holidays: 11:00 - 18:00
This inquiry form is adopted security systems SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
3F Daimyo11511 Bldg., 1-15-11 Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0041
How to Access
[Nishitetsu Tren (Tenjin Ōmuta Line)]
- 7 minutes' walk from "Fukuoka" station.
- 10 minutes' walk from "Tenjin" station.
- 7 minutes' walk from "Tenjin Minami" station of Nanakuma Line.
[JR - Japan Railways]
- JR "Hakata" station Nishitetsu Bus to "Kego 1 cho-me" or "Imaizumi 1 cho-me".
- JR "Hakata" station Subway to "Tenjin" station. →10 minutes' walk from "Tenjin" station.
[Nishitetsu Bus] The nearest bus stop are "Kego 1 cho-me" or "Imaizumi 1 cho-me".
[Highway Bus] 7 minutes' walk from "Tenjin Bus Center".